Kenya Rugby Union and her affiliates have this morning learnt of CEO Ronald Bukusi’s wish to resign from the position citing personal reasons.
Consequently, Ms Kamau Sylvia who is a board member of the KRU and heads the Leagues and Fixtures committee has been appointed as Ag Chief Executive Officer til 31st December 2018 as Kenya Rugby Union figures out a way forward. Mr Bukusi will work hand-in-hand with Ms Sylvia to facilitate a smooth transition.
Ms Sylvia takes over the reigns at a time when Kenya need to make a solid claim for Japan 2019 with the Rugby Africa Gold Cup taking place, Lionesses are preparing for World Series qualifiers, Safari Sevens and Shujaa preparations for World Series 2018-2019 which start in December 2018.
Mr Ronald Bukusi’s timeline as CEO of KRU:
- Appointed CEO on 1st February 2015
- Kenya Shujaa winners of Singapore 7s in 2016
- Shujaa and Lionesses made the Olympics
- Lionesses made the Commonwealth games in 2018
- Lionesses won the Africa Women 7s crown in 2018